If any celebrity has scandals looming around her every passing minute, it would be Tonto Dikeh. From calling her ex a 40 seconds man to plastic surgery to fights with other actors in the industry, the actress, singer, and philanthropist has been properly tagged ‘drama queen.’ She loves drama, she thrives in drama.
Here’s a list of things that may interest you about the controversial actress
1. Even though Tonto Dike got her big break after becoming first runners-up on the reality show, The Next Movie Star, her second movie titled Holy Cross is what persuaded producers and directors to start casting her in more productions. This movie is also what made her very popular among her fans.
2. One of the most controversial movies in Nollywood, Dirty Secret, was actually based on a true story and Tonto Dike agreed to act in it after meeting the girl who inspired the writing and production of this film.
3. The Nollywood actresses started smoking at the age of 14 and it was no secret in the Nollywood scenes that she was a chain smoker. However, after prayers with T.B Joshua, the pastor of The Synagogue, she confessed that she had quit the habit.
4. Concerning her relationship and marital life, Tonto has been linked romantically to a lot of superstars including Iyanya, Wizkid and 2Face.
However, at the ELOY Awards she made an entrance flanked by Sexy Steel and Michael Awolaja. Michael is the man behind all of the customized Rolex and diamond iPhones that Tonto rocks back in the days.
In her acceptance speech she said that he was her boyfriend keeping in line with the high-flying men she has been associated with but unfortunately their relationship turned sour after some time.
Tonto Dikeh met Churchill Olakunle at his brother’s birthday party back in 2014 and she became pregnant three months after, they got married after the pregnancy.
However, their marriage was plagued with “several frivolous claims of falsity, ranging from domestic violence to false allegations.”
They broke up in 2016 at a house Churchill newly acquired for his my mother in Lekki, Lagos State. The angered actress reportedly destroyed a lot of properties before packing her belongings and departed with their only son.
Tonto confirmed there were cracks in her 17-month-old marriage in February 2017. By June 2017, Tonto’s dad returned her traditional marriage bride price to his ex-son-in-law.
Tonto Dikeh has used all her might and resources available to fight for the custody of her son, King Andre. After revealing that she has won the sole custody of King Andre, the drama queen went ahead to yank off his father’s name from his certificates and document.
According to the Actress, an Abuja Customary court granted her full custody of their 3-year-old son, King Andre, and gave her former husband, Mr Olakunle Churchill conditional visitation rights.
The actress also revealed that her son thinks his father is dead.
5. 2face Idibia’s Unforgettable concert got tongues wagging, thanks to a rather racy performance with Tonto Dike. The performance was released by Flytime TV showing the two getting hot and heavy.
6. These are not the only celebrities she has been linked with. Rumors that Tonto Dike is a lesbian have made their rounds linking her to Ini Edo and Halima Abubakar.
A scene in Strippers in Love has her kissing another girl fueling the rumors. She once admitted to having a crush on Rita Dominic but that can be summed up to admiration or twisted to mean something else.
There have been too many things said on this topic to know what is true and what isn’t.
7. She has had a raging feud with another famous actress; Mercy Johnson which reports say is due to demand. Mercy Johnson had taken time off to give birth to her daughter Purity during which time, it seems that Tonto Dike raked in the bucks.
After Johnson’s return, reports say that the already present rivalry escalated, with Tonto Dike taking a stab at her and her husband. This led to backlashes, but it’s safe to say that she has developed a tough skin for the critics.
However, the actress came out boldly to confess that her feud with Mercy was based on Jealousy, she apologized and ended the long-lasting quarrel.
8. On a sad note, Tonto Dike revealed that she had attempted suicide. She later wrote on a social page about it encouraging people to talk to God about their problems if they have no one else and that people are bigger than their pains and problems and that suicide is for cowards.