Over the years Great Britain has been tabled as a top producer of richest people in the world, though its number of billionaires dropped by four to 147 London remains the billionaire capital of the world.
However, according to reports, Britain’s wealthiest people have lost tens of billions of pounds in the coronavirus pandemic as their combined annual wealth fell for the first time in a decade.
Per the latest reports, Inventor Sir James Dyson is the richest person in the UK for the first time. The Brexit-backing entrepreneur saw his wealth grow by £3.6 billion over the past year, to £16.2 billion.
Sir James, 72, emerged top of the list despite losing £500 million of his own money on an electric car project which was scrapped.
Here is the full list top 10 of the richest people in UK
1. Sir James Dyson and family, household goods and technology, £16.2 billion.
2. Sri and Gopi Hinduja and family, industry and finance, £16 billion.
3. David and Simon Reuben, property and internet, £16 billion.
4. Sir Leonard Blavatnik, investment, music and media, £15.78 billion.
5. Sir Jim Ratcliffe, Ineos chemical giant, £12.15 billion.
6. Kirsten and Jorn Rausing, inheritance and investment, £12.1 billion.
7. Alisher Usmanov, mining and investment, £11.68 billion.
8. Guy, George and Galen Jr Weston, and family, retail, £10.53 billion.
9. Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken and Michel de Carvalho, inheritance, brewing and banking, £10.3 billion.
10. The Duke of Westminster and the Grosvenor family, property, £10.29 billion.