Find us on Facebook

Contact Info

Want to reach HiTNG Online Media house

Address:Ekiti State University
Phone:07062695091
Website:Hitng.info

Sponsored Posts

Sports

Marcos Rojo settled in Manchester and lays out future plans

Marcos Rojo TEAMtalk
Marcos Rojo says he and his family are settled in Manchester as he prepares for a “big season” at Old Trafford.

The 29-year-old Argentina international, who made his first Premier League start in the 1-1 draw with Liverpool is desperate to get more game time under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

The defender was originally on the bench against Liverpool, but an injury to Axel Tuanzebe in the warm-up meant a call-up to the first XI for Rojo.

He had a mixed afternoon, and that’s the story of his five years at United after arriving for £16million from Sporting Lisbon while Louis van Gaal was at the helm.

Pogba out of United’s clash with Liverpool

Ryan Giggs was critical of Rojo’s defending that led to Adam Lallana’s equaliser on Sunday, but Rojo is determined to fight on and after almost leaving in the summer he wants to finally establish himself,

“I’m happy here. I want to play; I want to be a regular,” he told The Athletic. “My best position is a central defender, that’s where I want to play, but I’m happy to be used as a full-back too. I’m in very good condition this season. The pre-season was right and I’ve not been able to say that in other years because I’ve had injuries.

“I love it here. It’s tranquil. My daughters are fully adapted here. They speak perfect English, my family is happy here. I can speak some English too. I’ve been here in the first team for longer than any other club in my career. I’m happy, I just want to play more.

Messi didn't have a year to be among the best
Install Naijarated FM App and stand a chance of winning ₦5000 Giveaway

“It’s a big season for me – I want to play in the Copa America in my home country next year too.”

Only last month Rojo suggested that, after a chat with Argentina boss Lionel Scaloni, he would look to leave United if he failed to get more game time.

“Now I have to fight until December and if it doesn’t work out, I will try to leave,” he said.

He was linked with Everton in the summer, but admitted the deal was blocked by United and “wasn’t possible”.

Install Naijarated FM App and stand a chance of winning ₦5000 Giveaway
UEFA announce 50-man nominees for Team of the Year! Check the full list

Users online: