TOPIC: A Rich Page (Anglican Devotional 17 March 2021)
Today’s Scripture: Esther 5:9 -14 (NKJV)
9 . So Haman went out that day joyful and with a glad heart; but when Haman saw Mordecai in the king’s gate, and that he did not stand or tremble before him, he was filled with indignation against Mordecai.
10. Nevertheless Haman restrained himself and went home, and he sent and called for his friends and his wife Zeresh.
11. Then Haman told them of his great riches, the multitude of his children, everything in which the king had promoted him, and how he had advanced him above the officials and servants of the king.
12. Moreover Haman said, “Besides, Queen Esther invited no one but me to come in with the king to the banquet that she prepared; and tomorrow I am again invited by her, along with the king.
13. Yet all this avails me nothing, so long as I see Mordecai the Jew sitting at the king’s gate.”
14. Then his wife Zeresh and all his friends said to him, “Let a gallows be made, fifty cubits high, and in the morning suggest to the king that Mordecai be hanged on it; then go merrily with the king to the banquet.” And the thing pleased Haman; so he had the gallows made.
The very night before Haman was to request the life of Mordecai from king Ahasuerus, God caused the king to have a sleepless night. As a result, the king became interested in the Record Book of the Kings. From the book, it was found that Mordecai had told king Ahasuerus of the plot to assassinate him, but Mordecai had not been rewarded for that kindness. Ahasuerus then decided to show appreciation to Mordecai for saving his life.
Whatever good we do, God takes record. He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him (Hebrews 11:6). He is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love (Hebrews 10:6). One day, He will open a page – a rich page – of His records, and you shall be duly honoured. Therefore, do not relent in doing good, even when people do not commend you. God does not forget; at His time, He will reward you and you will reap a harvest if you do not give up.
Lord. please remember me for good for all I have done in Your name. Amen.