The Topic of Daily Fountain Devotional for 12th April 2021 Is ”A WHOLESOME MINISTRY”
Read: 2 Corinthians 4:1-6
1. Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we do not lose heart.
2. But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness nor handling the word of God deceitfully, but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.
3. But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
4. whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.
5. For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus’ sake.
6. For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to [give] the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
ANGLICAN COMMUNION DEVOTIONAL OUTLINE FOR 12TH APRIL 2021.
Our text today gives an insight into the principles that helped Paul and his team to carry out a wholesome ministry with great impact. These include steadfastness, truthfulness, Scriptural balance, Christ-centredness, and humility. From verse 1 to 16-17 and 2 Corinthians 11:24-29, they did not lose heart or abandon the work in spite of the many challenges.
Our faith should never grow weak, nor should our ministerial zeal be dampened as we walk and work with the Lord. From verse 2, we see that they held fast to the gospel truths and did not use human philosophies, gimmicks or any deception to draw or keep their congregations.
They presented the gospel in plain language for the people to understand, and had a good conscience before God. Let us follow this example and reject the message of false ministers who distort the word of God. From verse 5, we observe that they did not preach about themselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, who alone is able to save unto eternal life.
Like Paul, we should preach Christ alone who was crucified for mankind (1 Corinthians 1:23; 2:2). Avoid anything else that tends to empty the cross of its power (1 Corinthians 1:17).
PRAYER: Oh God, help me to hold unto the wholesome message of the gospel always.