The Topic of Daily Fountain Devotional for 14th March 2021 Is ”PERFECT RELATIONSHIP”
Today’s Scripture: Matthew 1:18- 25(NKJV)
18. Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.
19. Then Joseph her husband, being a just [man,] and not wanting to make her a public example, was minded to put her away secretly.
20. But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.
21. “And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name JESUS, for He will save His people from their sins.”
22. So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying:
23. “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”
24. Then Joseph, being aroused from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord commanded him and took to him his wife,
25. and did not know her till she had brought forth her firstborn Son. And he called His name JESUS.
ANGLICAN COMMUNION DEVOTIONAL OUTLINE FOR 14TH MARCH 2021.
Mary was betrothed to Joseph and they kept the relationship pure they never had sex before marriage. That was why Joseph expressed surprise when Mary became pregnant. This notwithstanding, Joseph resolved not to disgrace Mary publicly.
He took time to think on how best to handle the situation so that Mary would not feel bad or be hurt. While thinking on what to do, being a just man, he had an angelic visitation in which he was informed that the pregnancy was divine.
He was told to take Mary as a wife and he obeyed but did not know her until Jesus was born. Mary herself who knew she was carrying the Saviour of the world by prophecy and angelic visitation, was disciplined enough to respect her husband and be submissive to him.
From the above, we see a perfect relationship characterised by chastity, love, respect for one another, not hasty in taking action, Obedience to the word of God, self-discipline, self-control, kind- heartedness and protection of each other’s dignity.
If we desire to have perfect relationships at all levels, we have to imbibe these given qualities. If we do not, our relationships will continue to crack and to crash.
O God, help my weakness and help me to build a perfect relationship with people.