The Topic of Daily Fountain Devotional for 16th March 2021 Is “HAMAN’S PLOT AGAINST MORDECAI”
Today’s Scripture: Esther 5:9-14(NKJV)
9. So Haman went out that day joyful and with a glad heart; but when Haman saw Mordecai in the king’s gate, and that he did not stand or tremble before him, he was filled with indignation against Mordecai.
10. Nevertheless Haman restrained himself and went home, and he sent and called for his friends and his wife Zeresh.
11. Then Haman told them of his great riches, the multitude of his children, everything in which the king had promoted him, and how he had advanced him above the officials and servants of the king.
12. Moreover Haman said, “Besides, Queen Esther invited no one but me to come in with the king to the banquet that she prepared; and tomorrow I am again invited by her, along with the king.
13. “Yet all this avails me nothing, so long as I see Mordecai the Jew sitting at the king’s gate.”
14. Then his wife Zeresh and all his friends said to him, “Let a gallows be made, fifty cubits high, and in the morning suggest to the king that Mordecai be hanged on it; then go merrily with the king to the banquet.” And the thing pleased Haman; so he had the gallows made.
ANGLICAN COMMUNION DEVOTIONAL OUTLINE FOR 16TH MARCH 2021.
When Haman was invited to the banquet, he was happy to be there. He expected everyone to prostrate before him in honour as one of the king’s officials. but Mordecai did not. So, Haman became furious. When Haman got home, he told his wife the ‘humiliation’ he suffered in the hands of Mordecai at the banquet.
Then Haman’s wife suggested to him to make gallows to kill Mordecai by hanging because he did not bow down before him.
In our daily life, we should watch our appetite for power. The higher we go, the humbler we should become. The position of being the king’s official got to Haman’s head; this should not have been.
When God provides a platform of leadership or position of influence for you, you should ask Him for the wisdom and humility
to do His will in that office. The heart of the matter is the matter of the heart. So, “…guard your heart with all diligence for out of it are issues of life (Prov. 4:23).
Lord, please help me to be free from envy and pride. Amen.