The Topic of Daily Fountain Devotional for 22nd March 2021 Is ” MORDECAI REPLACES HAMAN”
Read: Esther 8:1-8(NKJV)
1. On that day King Ahasuerus gave Queen Esther the house of Haman, the enemy of the Jews. And Mordecai came before the king, for Esther had told how he [was related] to her.
2. So the king took off his signet ring, which he had taken from Haman, and gave it to Mordecai; and Esther appointed Mordecai over the house of Haman.
3. Now Esther spoke again to the king, fell down at his feet, and implored him with tears to counteract the evil of Haman the Agagite, and the scheme which he had devised against the Jews.
4. And the king held out the golden scepter toward Esther. So Esther arose and stood before the king,
5. and said, “If it pleases the king, and if I have found favor in his sight and the thing [seems] right to the king and I am pleasing in his eyes, let it be written to revoke the letters devised by Haman, the son of Hammedatha the Agagite, which he wrote to annihilate the Jews who [are] in all the king’s provinces.
6. “For how can I endure to see the evil that will come to my people? Or how can I endure to see the destruction of my countrymen?”
7. Then King Ahasuerus said to Queen Esther and Mordecai the Jew, “Indeed, I have given Esther the house of Haman, and they have hanged him on the gallows because he [tried to] lay his hand on the Jews.
8. “You yourselves write [a decree] concerning the Jews, as you please, in the king’s name, and seal [it] with the king’s signet ring; for whatever is written in the king’s name and sealed with the king’s signet ring no one can revoke.”
ANGLICAN COMMUNION DEVOTIONAL OUTLINE FOR 22ND MARCH 2021.
After King Ahasuerus executed Haman, he gave Haman’s property to Queen Esther. Esther then brought Mordecai before the king and he took off his signet ring and gave it to Mordecai. Thereafter, Esther appointed Mordecai to be in charge of Haman’s property.
This is engaging.
The Haman who had plotted to kill Mordecai and the Jews, was executed and his position taken by the same Mordecai. God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble (James 4:6).
Before God, nobody is indispensable; we are only useful – but replaceable! This should teach us humility and total dependence on God. By strength shall no man prevail; we should always depend on God, not on ourselves. Therefore, let us guard our hearts and live humbly and sincerely before God so that He would preserve our place in Him.
Lord, please give me grace to be humble always in Jesus Name. Amen.