The Topic of Daily Fountain Devotional for 30th March 2021 Is “WATCH AND PRAY”
Today’s Scripture: Matthew 26:31-36(NKJV)
31. Then Jesus said to them, “All of you will be made to stumble because of Me this night, for it is written: ‘I will strike the Shepherd, And the sheep of the flock will be scattered.’
32. “But after I have been raised, I will go before you to Galilee.”
33. Peter answered and said to Him, “Even if all are made to stumble because of You, I will never be made to stumble.”
34. Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you that this night, before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.”
35. Peter said to Him, “Even if I have to die with You, I will not deny You!” And so said all the disciples.
36. Then Jesus came with them to a place called Gethsemane, and said to the disciples, “Sit here while I go and pray over there.”
ANGLICAN COMMUNION DEVOTIONAL OUTLINE FOR 30TH MARCH 2021.
Shortly before Jesus was crucified, He told Peter that He would deny Him. Peter boasted that he would not deny Jesus. At the prayer meeting Jesus had with Peter and a few other disciples before He Was crucified, Peter and the other disciples were sleeping while Jesus was labouring in prayers.
It is good to have a firm conviction that we would not deny Jesus, no matter what happens. Peter had the same conviction. But we need to constantly soak that conviction in prayer so that we do not presume that we cannot fall.
We are standing in the Lord by His grace, not by might. So, we need to constantly depend on the Lord to sustain our conviction in the Him. Let us not, like Peter, bepresumptuous. And if you have denied the Lord in one way of the other, today is a day of resurrection.
Dear Lord, please help me to always remain in You in Jesus’ Name. Amen.