The Topic of Daily Fountain Devotional for 4th April 2021 Is “THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS”
Read: John 20:1-18
1. Now on the first [day] of the week Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw [that] the stone had been taken away from the tomb.
2. Then she ran and came to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and said to them, “They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid Him.”
3. Peter therefore went out, and the other disciple, and were going to the tomb.
4. So they both ran together, and the other disciple outran Peter and came to the tomb first.
5. And he, stooping down and looking in, saw the linen cloths lying [there;] yet he did not go in.
6. Then Simon Peter came, following him, and went into the tomb; and he saw the linen cloths lying [there,]
7. and the handkerchief that had been around His head, not lying with the linen cloths, but folded together in a place by itself.
8. Then the other disciple, who came to the tomb first, went in also; and he saw and believed.
9. For as yet they did not know the Scripture, that He must rise again from the dead.
10. Then the disciples went away again to their own homes.
11. But Mary stood outside by the tomb weeping, and as she wept she stooped down [and looked] into the tomb.
12. And she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
13. Then they said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?” She said to them, “Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him.”
14. Now when she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing [there,] and did not know that it was Jesus.
15. Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?” She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, “Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away.”
16. Jesus said to her, “Mary!” She turned and said to Him, “Rabboni!” (which is to say, Teacher).
17. Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and [to] My God and your God.’ ”
18. Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and [that] He had spoken these things to her.
ANGLICAN COMMUNION DEVOTIONAL OUTLINE FOR 4TH APRIL 2021.
The resurrection of Jesus Christ is celebrated today! Christ is risen indeed! Our text records key events and experiences of Mary Magdalene and others on that first Easter day! Mary went to the tomb early that Sunday morning while it was still dark, only to meet an empty tomb! She quickly ran back and reported to Peter and John.
The two men went back with her and saw for themselves. After examining the empty tomb and the materials left behind, they went back to their homes, apparently unable to understand what had happened (vv.4-10). But Mary remained at the site. Her persistence
First, she saw Angels at the tomb who told her that Jesus had risen had risen (vv.11-13; Matthew 28:5-7). Then, the risen Jesus appeared to her (vv.14-16). As Christ rose from the dead, those of us who are in Christ, and die in Christ, shall also rise with Him at His second coming (1 Cor. 15:23,49). Prepare to experience this resurrection!
Oh God, help me to live in Christ, die in Christ, and rise with Christ at His coming.