The Topic of Daily Fountain Devotional for 6th April 2021 Is “TOUCH ME AND SEE!”
Read: Luke 24:36-43
36. Now as they said these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them, “Peace to you.”
37. But they were terrified and frightened, and supposed they had seen a spirit.
38. And He said to them, “Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts?
39. “Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.”
40. When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet.
41. But while they still did not believe for joy, and marveled, He said to them, “Have you any food here?”
42. So they gave Him a piece of a broiled fish and some honeycomb.
43. And He took [it] and ate in their presence.
ANGLICAN COMMUNION DEVOTIONAL OUTLINE FOR 6TH APRIL 2021.
After Jesus rose from the dead, many of the disciples were still troubled and had doubts. In His mercy, God used many infallible proofs that Jesus had risen from the dead to clear their doubts and establish their faith (Acts 1:3). In our text, Jesus appeared to them physically.
Read verse 39 again and note two particular experiences He wanted them to have of Him. In addition, He ate food in their presence (vv.40-43). Jesus still calls on us today to touch Him and see. We may not see Him physically the way those early disciples did but as He told Apostle Thomas “Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed” (John 20:29).
By faith, our experience of God today can be as real, concrete and personal as those of the early disciples. In our different situations and circumstances, we can see Him with the eye of faith, and bring to reality those interventions that we ask of Him. Taste and see that the Lord is good (Psalm 34:8).
Oh Lord, help me to know and love you more and more each day of my life in Jesus ‘Name. Amen.