The Topic of Daily Fountain Devotional for 7th April 2021 Is ”CHRIST OPENED THEIR MINDS”
Read: Luke 24:44-49
44. Then He said to them, “These [are] the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and [the] Prophets and [the] Psalms concerning Me.”
45. And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.
46. Then He said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day,
47. “and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
48. “And you are witnesses of these things.
49. “Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high.”
ANGLICAN COMMUNION DEVOTIONAL OUTLINE FOR 7TH APRIL 2021.
In verse 44, Christ reminded the disciples what He had told them earlier in Luke 22:37 that everything written about him in the Bible had to be fulfilled! This includes His suffering, death, resurrection and worldwide proclamation of the gospel (vv.46-47). The disciples initially did not understand the idea of a suffering Messiah (see Matthew 16:21-22).
Christ therefore had to open their minds to enable them understand the scriptures. We all need divine enlightenment today to enable us understand the scriptures and correctly apply them in our ever- changing world. This was Paul’s prayer for his audience in Ephesians 1:17-18.
From 2 Corinthians 3:14-18, it is clear that this enlightenment comes when one turns to Christ. If you have not already come to Christ. please do so today.
Oh Lord. grant me the spirit of enlightenment to understand the scriptures.